This week I received Liebster Award from Jyothi – http://jyothisdayout.wordpress.com/2013/11/05/the-liebster-award/
She gave me the award and has ten questions for me to answer. It was nice of her to first give me an award and then interview me with a bunch of questions!! I was thrilled since this is the first time a fellow blogger has asked me what I like and so on. Thank You for the award and great questions!! I thought of combining with today’s Blogher prompt, they are more or less the same, about blogging.
Blogher prompt: Tell us what you’ve learned so far about daily blogging.
Over to Jyothi’s questions:
1. Who is it that inspired you to blog or who got you interested in blogging?
2. How does blogging help you in your daily life?
3. Which blogging platform do you prefer? And why?
My answers for all four questions:
- I have been blogging here for about six months now, I am fairly new to blogging. My inspiration to have this blog were many, like I mentioned in my first post, I read several blogs of my friends and other people. A few months before I created this blog, I discovered a friend of mine who had been blogging for many years without letting anybody know. She accidentally posted her blog in an open group on Facebook, that’s how I caught her!(Glad I did – I like reading her blog) She was my inspiration to create this blog. I thought it was fun to have one of my own and write about my experiences.
- She had a WordPress blog. I had heard about WordPress before but hadn’t used this blogging platform. I like WordPress for they bring writers, poets, photographers and all others together. They share several writing tips every week which helps a lot. Freshly Pressed is one other feature I like about WordPress. Really interesting articles of people in a different and unique point of view are highlighted. Through Freshly Pressed I came across several writers, authors and other fellow bloggers. I enjoy reading their articles and several times agree with their point of view. WordPress has several themes but there’s not much option for customization like Blogger, unless one upgrades. I don’t get everything I want in one theme. It is also hard to get a uniform font sometimes, when I am copy pasting, it gets messed up. That’s my only complaint. But it feels completely different to be in writers world. People playing with words, praising others and having a healthy competition and fun.
- Daily blogging has brought creativity and imagination out of me. It has helped me discover and define myself. The best thing of all is I have met new people and made new friends.
- What have I learned so far from blogging? Writing doesn’t come easy. A writer is an artist. He/she brings out the creativity, imagination , ideas and views about almost everything. It’s easy to express while we speak, with facial expression, tone variation, eye contact and other gestures. Writing is plain. Words ALONE has to do the magic with may be one or two picture prompts. Nevertheless, with proper selection of words, writing can be powerful than spoken words. Spoken words can be forgotten but not written words. No wonder they say “Pen is mightier than sword”
- When I listen to music concerts, some of the days how ever great the musician may be, he/she might be technically right, but audience may feel “Today there was something missing in the voice, there was no charm”. Being a singer myself (just a small time – not a big one – HA!!), when I am asked to sing, by family and friends, some days I will be tired and be in bad mood, I cannot sing a happy song at that time,if at all I sing, I can’t express myself well or it won’t turn out excellent like other days. There’s charm missing in my voice. Similarly to write something daily is no joke, there should be great deal of inspiration, mood and material. This is my experience. I like this quote by Maya Angelou
A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song
- I am not a writer and I don’t have answer for everything but I have an opinion, a point to make, which is why I write.
5. Who would you like to be stranded with in an unknown island for two days?
- Al Pacino – Now the question is, would he like to be with me? Stranded in an unknown island for TWO long days? For me just the island is unknown, for Al Pacino both I and island are unknown!!
6. What the three things that we do not know about you?
- I am horrible at putting make up on.
- I love Mathematics
- Now I hate if you are thinking I am a Nerd!!
7. It is said that we should be grateful in life. What are the 5 things you are grateful for at this point in time?
- I am just grateful to God for giving me ‘TODAY’.
8. What are the three places that you would like to visit in 2014?
- India — and all three in one year won’t fall in our budget!!!
9. If you could suggest any family member or non blogging friend to blog, who would it be? And why?
- My husband – let’s see how he writes!!!
10. Is there a place you visited recently, that you would love to go back to ? If yes, then tell us why.
- India to visit my parents
11. If I were to ask you which book/movie has influenced you the most this year, which one would it be?
- I read a book Dharmashree – it influenced me a lot this year.